Wellesley College Athletics - Student-Athlete Handbook
Last updated 01/20/2023
Hey Now Blue!
On behalf of our faculty coaches and staff, I want to welcome all of our student-athletes to Wellesley and our Blue Nation Family.
Whether you are returning for a new season or starting your first, all of our coaches and administrators are here to make sure you can maximize your time at Wellesley and have a successful experience both academically and athletically.
Important information and links to campus partners can be found below but please reach out and use our coaches and administrators as a resource throughout your time at Wellesley.
Director of Athletics; Chair of PERA
- Wellesley College
- Wellesley College Athletics
- Student-Athlete Support Services
- Campus Partners
- Wellesley Athletics Policies
- NCAA Compliance
- Student-Athlete Leadership Opportunities
- Awards & Recognition
- Mission Statement
- Quick Facts
- Faculty/Staff Directory
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Friends of Athletics
- Athletic Communications
- Faculty Athletic Representative (FAR): Yu Jin Ko, Professor of English
- Front Desk/Equipment
- Sports Medicine
- Sports Performance
- Academic Support: Pforzheimer Learning and Teaching Center
- Accommodation for a physical or learning disability: Accessibility and Disability Resources Office
- Career Counseling: Career Education
- Conflict Resolution: Ombuds Office
- Student Employment: Office of Student Employment
- Student Wellness:
- Stress, Anxiety, or Psychological Support:
- Sexual Misconduct: Title IX Office
- The Office of Religious and Spiritual Life
- Wellesley College Police and Public Safety Department
- Department of Intercultural Education
- Health Services provided by Newton-Wellesley Collegiate Health
Not finding what you are looking for?
Consider reaching out to your Class Dean to set-up an advising appointment. Students can email their Class Dean directly to set up a meeting. Additionally, the Class Deans have also published Links to Campus Resources for all students where you can find additional information.
The following policies are specific to or important for varsity student-athletes at Wellesley College to know, understand, and follow. Student-athletes should also follow all team policies put forward by head coaches.
Student-athletes should recognize that all College-wide policies and procedures outlined in the Wellesley College Student Handbook, including (but not limited to) The Honor Code, Academic Programs, the Drug & Alcohol Policy, the Hazing Policy and Campus Life supersede any and all Athletics policies.
- Athletics Training Policies
- Emergency Procedures
- Fan Bus Policy
- Grievance Policy
- Practice Policies
- Social Media Policy
- Learning Experience Reflection (LER) Requirement
- Title IX | Sexual Misconduct
- Transgender Participation Student-Athlete Policy for Varsity and Club Sports
- Varsity Participation and Nontraditional PE Credit
As a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) at the Division III level, Wellesley College must adhere to NCAA Division III rules and regulations. for additional information, please refer to the categories below.
NCAA Compliance Resources:
- NCAA Eligibility Center- Create Profile
- NCAA Division III
- NCAA DIII Summary of Regulations
- NCAA Banned Drugs List
If you have any questions regarding NCAA compliance, please reach out to Katie Galiardi, Senior Associate Athletic Director at email@example.com.
- Athlete Mentor Program (AMP)
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
- Friends of Athletics National Committee
- Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)
- Hall of Fame
- Barbara Barnes Hauptfuhrer Scholar-Athlete Award
- Outstanding Senior Athlete
- Rookie of the Year
- Joy Renjilian-Burgy Inspirational Award
- PERA Most Outstanding Contribution Award