Guidelines & Policies
When a student-athlete decides to participate in intercollegiate athletics at Wellesley College, there are several steps to complete to be considered “medically cleared” for participation. All first year and junior student athletes will have a physical and orthopedic screen with our team physician/s. Once medically cleared, student-athletes should keep the athletic training staff updated at all times with regard to injury status, medication changes/additions, insurance changes, etc. This will be completed prior to the first competition.
Pre-Participation/Health Requirement Checklist
Please see below for a list of required forms and actions that you need to complete in order to participate on your varsity team at Wellesley College. It is advised that these forms are completed within 48 hours from receipt of this email. Please complete the following:
NCAA Forms *
Drug Testing Consent Form
*You will receive an email from "forms@NCAA.org" about accessing the NCAA forms. If you have not received the email, please check your spam/junk folder. Should you have any questions regarding the system functionality, please review the FAQ here. If you are under 18, your parent/guardian should have also received an email to complete paperwork (they might need to check their spam folder too!) Otherwise, you may visit the NCAA website to print the two forms listed above, have a parent/guardian sign and you may scan/email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions related to Medical forms, NCAA forms OR College forms can be directed to email@example.com
What happens after these forms/actions are completed?
PERA will review all forms after August 1.
The practice and competition certification process takes a minimum of 48 hours to complete once all forms are submitted correctly.
You will receive a notification from your coach that you are cleared to practice OR to request additional information.
If these forms are not completed prior to your first practice, you cannot participate. To avoid any delay in your eligibility, please complete these forms as soon as possible.
After arriving to campus, you will complete the following:
- Complete your Pre-participation Exam (PPE) with an athletic trainer (date/time TBD)
- Complete baseline SWAY concussion test (date/time TBD)
- Complete Preseason Eligibility Meeting (date/time TBD)
Information for Student-Athletes
- ADHD Medical Exemption Reporting Form (.pdf)
- Concussion Handout NATA (.pdf)
- Emergency Action Plan (.pdf)
- Health Insurance Statement of Understanding (.pdf)
- Practice/Competition Coverage Guidelines (.pdf)
- Pre-participation Physical Exams - PPE (.pdf)
- Sickle Cell Position Statement & Guidelines (.pdf)
- Newton Wellesley Collegiate Health
- Office of Student Wellness
- Stone Center Counseling Services
- Newton Wellesley Hospital